It's on! >> http://demojs.org <<
DemoJS 2011 - Afterparty
DemoJS 2011 is over! Greetings to Mozilla Labs, Mozilla Europe, ISART Digital, Demoscene.fr, ParisJS, Prologin, Popsy Team, onGameStart, Pusher, Bomb! + Syn[Rj] + FRequency, TPOLM, Spintr0nic, all the organizing team, all the contestants, all the attendees, all the supporters, all the demoscene!
Hope to see you next time :)
You can also have a look at the DemoJS 2011 pictures.
And the winners are :
- Glenz1k by Log
- Creation by Silexars
- gl1k Cotton Candy by p01 / ribbon
- The Ring by Bert Peters
- Orange Joy by Trigrou & Bock
- 1kk by Hexapode
- Memory by Hello / Sector1
- Pixel Firework by Pilvee
- The 1d1k game by Tim Holman
- JSPaintv by Flex
- Demo001 by Cheminel
- Flares by tmp
- Canvas Trip by Adinpsz
- Irrelevant by #ponce / GFM
- Particles.js by basecode
- Clock Flower by Audrey
- Color The Wind by Tarmil / Ctrl-Alt-Test
- DemoJS by Romain / !!M
- Datagalaxy by Bordercloud
- A New Hope by yGG4x
DemoJS demoparty - Paris - 1st & 2nd of July 2011
Coders and artists will gather in Paris for 2 days to socialize, party, and produce audiovisual web demos that will compete in two categories.
- 1st & 2nd of July (from Friday 19:30 to Saturday 23:30) (schedule)
- @ ISART Digital - 2 rue de la Roquette (Passage du Cheval Blanc) - 75011 Paris (map)
- 2 concerts: TPOLM & Spintr0nic (more info)
- 2 compos: 1k & One-effect/freestyle (more info)
- cool prizes (more info)
- remote entries allowed (more info)
- conferences & workshops (more info)
- free entrance! Just come and party with us!
You can come on Friday and spand the night at the venue, or you can come straight for the party on saturday.
The demoscene is a computer art subculture that specializes in producing demos, which are audio-visual presentations that run in real-time on a computer. Demosceners are coders, graphic artists, computer musicians... (more info)
A demoparty is an event that gathers demosceners and other computer enthusiasts to compete (more info).
DemoJS demoparty is a demoparty specialized in web technologies. We welcome both experienced demosceners and people who have never been to a demoparty.
If you are a beginner in web technologies, here are some links to help you. Also, you will find help at the party place, don't hesitate to ask people around you!
Some resources gathered to get started on webgl :
- 3d tutorials and WebGL related documentation :
- 3d frameworks:
- Webgl utilities:
- Shader creation:
- Canvas documentation :
- Friday 19:30 - party starts!
- Friday 22:00 - Concert: TPOLM
- Saturday 10:00 - breakfast
- Saturday 14:00 - Conference: 2D Animation Engines and Perf Experiments
- Saturday 15:00 - Conference: WebGL osgjs framework
- Saturday 16:00 - Conference: from cracktros to browser demos
- Saturday 19:00 - deadline for remote entries
- Saturday 20:00 - deadline for party entries
- Saturday 21:00 - entries are shown on the bigscreen!
- Saturday 22:00 - Concert: Spintr0nice
- Saturday 22:00 -> 23h00 - public vote
- Saturday 23:00 - prizegiving
- Saturday 23:00 - party ends
Venue: Isart Digital - right next to the Opera Bastille
Friday: TPOLM LAZY IMPROMPTU DJs
TPOLM Lazy Impromptu with TPOLM Parliament of Paris honored members:
Friday: 22h00 -> ???
The chiptune musician Spintr0nic will do a live set on saturday.
Saturday: 22h00 -> 23h00
Open Web technologies only, no plug-ins, no extras. The demo should not have been released previously, should work on the last version of Firefox & Chrome, and should work offline.
prod examples: "particle carriage" by @p01, more examples on js1k.com
- Freestyle - One effect or more: no size-limit, just show us cool stuff using web technologies ;) (JS, webGL, canvas, ... and why not CSS3, GIF, PNG, SVG, or even audio)
The organizing team reserve the right to disqualify entries that are inappropriate (pornography, illegal content, ...).
Compomachine: nVidia Quadro FX 880M - Intel Core i7 820 1,7Ghz
N.B.: you can start working on your production BEFORE friday
- The winning demo of each category will be featured on the Mozilla Labs website.
- The top 3 entries of each compo will win a ticket for the onGameStart conference. OnGameStart is the first conference completely about HTML5 game development. It will happen in Warsaw (Poland) the 22 and 23 of september 2011.
- Pusher will offer a 1-year Bootstrap plan and t-shirts! Pusher is a hosted API for quickly, easily and securely adding scalable realtime functionality via WebSockets to web and mobile apps.
- We have also other cool prizes for the top entries: books, Mozilla t-shirt, stickers, ...
Remote participation is welcome, but you won't win any physical prize. Deadline is July 2nd at 19:00.
Send your production by email: email@example.com with the production title, author/group name, and any additional message you want to show to the audience (eg credits, lib you used, ...).
Conferences and workshops
14h00 - 2D Animation Engines and Perf Experiments by Louis-Rémi Babé
The Open Web offers different options to create 2D effects and games: DOM manipulation, HTML generation, canvas 2D drawing and even WebGL.
In this session, we'll see how to create a 30loc Animation Engine able to use those different "backends", how they compare in performance and what are their other advantages/inconvenients.
about the speaker: Louis-Rémi is a long time Open Web enthusiast and jQuery contributor with a passion for performances and 2D graphics. He is constantly experimenting with new ways to improve animation performances and is now an intern at Mozilla Paris, writing technical blog posts and demos for hacks.mozilla.org.
15h00 - WebGL osgjs framework by Cédric Pinson
16h00 - Demoscene: from cracktros to browser demos by Jean-François Richard and Jean-Christophe Gatuingt
A brief history of the demoscene with an emphasis on the recent browser demos.
about the speakers: Jeffrey is an old-school demoscener, co-founder of the AmigaVibes portal and member of the Vitalmotion demogroup. Jean-Christophe is involved in the demoscene since 2009 with Adinpsz, demoscene.fr and now DemoJS.
The event is now over. You can still view the attendees list
You can contact us:
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- on Twitter: @demojsorg (hashtag: #demojs)
- on Facebook: page - event
- on IRC: #demojs @ freenode